Mobile Learning and Mobile Applications for the Enterprise
When you hear the word m-learning, you are probably thinking about students / trainees accessing training materials on
their mobile devices. This is certainly true, but it is only part of the story.
Unfortunately, beyond the use of e-mail and the calendar function, mobile applications lay largely dormant, their vast resources untapped.
There are more to mobile learning, or mLearning, then simply accessing your old e-Learning content on a mobile device:
- mLearning makes content universally accessible - any time, anywhere.
- mLearning adapts to the needs of staff.
- mLearning increases knowledge retention and saves time.
- mLearning encourages knowledge sharing and gathering.
- mLearning adapts to the needs of the company; and, finally, mobile learning provides for
- training materials authoring on a mobile device.
The latter point is most often overlooked in discussing today's learning and training. But if you need to create step-by-step instructions
on how to perform a certain operation or procedure (which can be anything from installing / operating a piece of equipment to standard
procedures performed by nurses), and you want these training materials to be concise and easy to understand, you will probably need to
do the following:
- Go to the location where procedure is taking place with a video camera or video crew, take pictures and / or video
- Return to the office, download visual material on your computer, edit
- Use one of the authoring programs to arrange photos, videos, add text and create a training module
- While editing and creating a training module you may realize that you needed to take several more photos / videos, or do them differently
- In this case you will need to return to the location where procedure is taking place...
- etc., etc.
Smartphones, with their built-in capabilities of taking photos, videos and install applications makes this
task much easier. Using AHG Cloud Note mobile application, you can create
step-by-step visual instructions right on your smartphone, by taking photos, videos, and adding explanatory text. You can save
the document on android, edit it, upload to the cloud server, share and publish to corporate wiki / knowledge base / LMS - all
from the field, with the whole procedure taking minutes rather than days.
You can download demo of AHG Cloud Note on
android market to try it out. If you have any questions, problems or suggestions, please let us know.