Custom mobile application for the management of the Internet of Things (IoT) devices deployed in the field,
where gateways and direct cloud connection is not feasible.
IoT devices setup, configuration and control from a smartphone using a mobile application and bluetooth connection.
An optional IoT device - cloud communication via the smartphone, on site or when internet connection becomes available.
What Are Internet Of Things (IoT) Devices And Why Do You Need An IoT Devices Management Application
Internet of Things (IoT) devices are electronic devices which can communicate to each other and / or to the software systems in the cloud, on the local computer network or
on the mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, mobile computers). IoT devices can be deployed in various conditions - in the smart building and homes,
in the factories, on the parking lots (smart lighting systems), and in the field. IoT devices can form a network, where IoT devices communicate
to each other, or deployed as individual devices that are controlled by the cloud software or a mobile application.
The IoT devices networks may include any combination of:
- functional electronic devices (such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, security cameras, door locks, etc.)
- sensors to automate operations of the electronic devices
- controls (such as relays, switches or thermostats) to manually control network devices (turn on or off, change level, etc.)
- gateways to connect network devices to the cloud or a local computer network
Stand alone IoT devices can include sensors for the data collection, as well as any machinery or equipment that can be controlled
through the software in the cloud or on site from a local computer network or via a mobile application on a smartphone or tablet.
IoT devices are connected wirelessly using one of the wireless connection protocols: Bluetooth, Thread, Zigbee, Wi-Fi, etc., and can be controlled remotely via the
smartphones or computers.
Companies are increasingly adopting the IoT concept to automate business tasks, increase energy efficiency, prevent operations problems, ensure that the key business processes are running smoothly,
collect and analyze data for improving the business process.
IoT devices management software and / or mobile application allows you to communicate to the IoT devices using an
interactive user interface (a computer or a smartphone), as well as to store, summarize, report and analyze information
collected from the IoT devices.
Using an IoT software and / or mobile application, you can:
- Set up and change various settings on the IoT devices.
- Control IoT devices - use a mobile application as a flexible and easily changeable control panel for the IoT device.
- Provision new IoT devices into the IoT devices network.
- Configure IoT networks - group network IoT devices and define how these groups interact.
- Create and apply schedules to automate IoT devices and reduce manual work for the employees.
- Set and receive automatic alerts for various events.
- Review reports on the IoT devices performance.
- Review and analyze data collected by the IoT sensors.
Mobile Applications For IoT Devices Management - What We Can Do
We will work with you to create a custom mobile application and / or cloud software solution that fits your needs, budget and a time frame.
It can be:
- A stand alone mobile application for the management of the IoT devices deployed in the field or in the small networks, where
having gateways and / or internet connection is not practical or feasible.
- A combination of the cloud IoT devices management software and a mobile application.
- A stand alone cloud software for managing and controlling of the IoT devices and IoT devices networks.
- A software for the local IoT devices network not connected to the cloud.
- An IoT devices management system integrated with an existing IoT platform, such as AWS IoT, Azure IoT, etc.
We will discuss and implement optimal functionality for the mobile application and / or cloud software to achieve your project goals and the best performance.
Mobile Application For The IoT Devices Management (Android and iOS)
Use a mobile device (smartphone, tablet or a mobile computer running iOS or Android) to manage IoT devices on site via bluetooth connection:
setup and configure IoT devices, control devices and download data.
When A Mobile Application Is Best Suited For The IoT Devices Management
IoT devices can be managed via the cloud based web interface, via the mobile application or a combination of both methods.
Mobile applications are best suited for the following scenarios:
- Management of the IoT devices deployed in the field, where gateways and possibly internet connection are not available.
- Management of the small-scale IoT devices deployments where gateways and monthly subscription to the cloud services are not feasible.
- For the on site operations that require a direct interaction with the IoT device and observing the device behaviour. These operations may include
initial IoT devices installation, adjustment of IoT network device parameters, re-grouping of the IoT network devices, etc.
A mobile application / cloud software combo can be used, with mobile application serving as a gateway between the IoT devices and the cloud. In the situations when
the internet connection is not available on the IoT devices installation site, a mobile application can store data locally on a smartphone and sync data with the cloud database
when connection is available.
What Can You Do Using An IoT Devices Management Mobile Application
- IoT devices setup and configuration. Configure and change configuration parameters for the IoT device in the mobile application, and send the parameters
to the device via bluetooth connection.
- Control IoT devices. Use a mobile application as a control panel for the IoT devices, which can be easily updated and adjusted as needed.
- Setting pre-determined profiles and scenes.Rather then applying each setting individually, you can create profiles that combine multiple settings, and apply the profile
to the individual IoT devices or device groups.
- Adding new IoT devices to the network (provisioning). On site installers use a mobile application to discover available unprovisioned network devices, and add them to the network.
- Grouping of the network IoT devices. Combine IoT network devices into groups, and specify how these groups should interact.
- Setting schedules. Set a schedule for the device to perform certain actions automatically without human participation.
- Receiving notifications.Receive push notifications on your phone on the IoT network events that require immediate attention.
IoT Cloud Software / IoT Software For the Local Computer Network
An IoT software running on the computers is best suited for the large scale IoT devices deployments that do not require on site presence.
A cloud based IoT devices management system is best suited for the following scenarios:
- A large-scale deployment of the IoT devices in the building or on the sites with the gateways and internet connection.
- Management of the dispersed IoT networks from one central point.
- Where IoT data aggregation, processing and reporting is required.
A cloud IoT software / IoT mobile application combo can be used, where a mobile application is used for the tasks that require on site communication with the IoT device,
and a cloud interface is used for the general IoT devices and networks tasks and reviewing reports.
What Can You Do Using An IoT Devices Management Cloud Software
- Management of the IoT networks.If you need a simple IoT system for the home or a small business with one IoT network, the network can be managed from a stand alone mobile application. However, for the bigger companies
with multiple IoT networks the management of the IoT networks from a central point is essential. An IoT software provides a secure web interface that allows system users with the administrative access to manage IoT networks:
add, update, delete, review the network status - provisioned devices, devices grouping and performance.
- IoT networks configuration. A web-based IoT software can provide a graphical drag-and-drop and / or map-based interface to easily create devices groups and define the groups interaction.
The task of configuring multiple networks can be greatly simplified by using network templates that can be applied to the newly created network with the option to change individual parameters.
The configuration can be applied to the newly installed IoT networks on site via the mobile application, or remotely from the web interface through the gateway.
- Management of the system users and privileges.Manage users of the system, their access to the projects / IoT networks and privileges via the web interface.
- IoT devices provisioning and control. Normally the tasks of IoT devices provisioning and initial IoT network configuration is better suited for a mobile application that system installers can use on site
during the network installation. However, depending on the exact situation / requirements, this task can also be accomplished remotely or on site, using a computer and a web interface.
- IoT networks events scheduling. Use the web interface to create and change schedules to automate IoT network operation. Apply the pre-determined schedule via the web interface, or on site using a mobile application.
- Monitoring IoT network devices performance.Review reports on the IoT network devices status and performance, based on the parameters received from the devices through the gateway. Set alerts for
anything that is a deviation from the normal operating conditions, and requires a warning or immediate attention. Receive alerts in the e-mail, or in the mobile application via push notifications.
- Storing, processing and analyzing data collected from the IoT devices. IoT network devices produce a lot of useful data. Depending on the exact IoT network, you can receive data on
buildings occupancy patterns, energy usage, machinery operations, temperature or humidity variations, etc., etc. IoT software is responsible for receiving the data from the gateway or edge computer,
storing the data, analysing collected data and producing reports. The analysis of IoT networks data helps you make informed decisions and optimize business operations.