Software and mobile application for the bluetooth IoT networks management.
Manage bluetooth IoT networks via the web dashboard, apply pre-set configuration to on site IoT devices using a smartphone / tablet and BLE Mesh Commissioning mobile application.
Bluetooth IoT Application: BLE Mesh Commissioning Software At A Glance
BLE Mesh Commissioning platform consists of a cloud software and a mobile application for android and iOS.
Engineers / administrators
use a secure web based dashboard to manage projects, bluetooth IoT networks for each project, users of the system and users privileges. They can select
applications in use for each bluetooth IoT network, create groups of the network devices and define how the groups interact with each other using a graphical drag and drop interface.
Installers or customers use BLE Mesh Commissioning mobile application to provision on site bluetooth IoT devices into the network and apply pre-set network configuration.
BLE Mesh Commissioning software is designed to minimize the amount of work required to create and configure bluetooth IoT networks, and commission on site IoT devices:
- You create a list of applications for the IoT networks once, and select bluetooth mesh models for each application. These data are re-used when you create new bluetooth IoT networks.
- You create a list of IoT device types for each application once. Depending on your business IoT devices can include
different types of light fixtures, switches, sensors, A/C or heating units, thermostats, locks, etc.
At the time of creation you define which bluetooth mesh models are installed on each device type, and if this device type plays a publisher or a subscriber role.
When designing a new IoT network, you create IoT devices groups for the applicable types of IoT devices just by dragging a device type on the board and typing the group name. All information on the IoT devices
is re-used, you do not need to re-enter it.
- If you have multiple bluetooth IoT networks with the similar configuration, you can copy configuration from a template, then apply changes if necessary.
- On site installers can make a list of IoT devices a part of the group or application with one click of a button - they do not need to configure each IoT device separately.
The bluetooth mesh models that are valid for each application and group are already pre-defined,
so the mobile application only displays IoT devices suitable for the selected application or group. On site installers just need to check / uncheck devices in the list, and apply
the changes with one button click.
- Alternatively, on site installers can apply several applications or several groups at once to the selected bluetooth IoT device.
On site installers do not need to know details of the bluetooth mesh, such as bluetooth mesh models, elements, network and application keys, applications, groups, publisher / subscriber roles, etc.
All details have been already configured by the engineers / administrators via the web dashboard. All that on site installers need to do is to add devices to the bluetooth IoT network (provision), and
apply preset configuration with minimal amount of navigation, typing and clicks.
Bluetooth IoT network configuration parameters are not confined to a specific mobile device. All authorized users with the valid login can work with the bluetooth IoT networks to which they were
given an access by the administrator, on any smartphone or tablet running iOS or android.
The system ensures that users do not interfere with each other working on the same IoT network, and that IoT network data integrity is not compromised.
Bluetooth IoT Application - Web Interface
Engineers / system administrators use a secure web dashboard to create projects, IoT networks, define networks configuration parameters,
manage users of the system and control users access to the
projects / IoT networks.
Creating IoT Networks Applications And Device Types
- Create applications (e.g. Lighting, HVAC, Security) for the bluetooth IoT networks that are valid for your business. Select which bluetooth mesh models are valid for each application.
- Add bluetooth IoT device types that will be part of each application (for example for Lighting application you may have light fixtures, switches and sensors, for HVAC application -
A/C units, heating units and thermostats, etc., etc.).
- Select which bluetooth mesh models are installed on each device type, and assign publisher / subscriber roles.
- You will be using these generic groups / device types to create devices groups for the individual bluetooth IoT networks. The bluetooth mesh models and publisher / subscriber roles are defined only once -
you do not need to repeat the selection for each IoT network group.
- What if the same device type plays roles of both publisher and subscriber (for example a light fixture listens to the switches and sensors, and publishes power usage data to the gateway)?
Create a separate group for each role, and select corresponding bluetooth mesh models for each role. You will be able to apply both groups to the on site IoT devices.
Managing Projects And Bluetooth IoT Networks
- Create projects and bluetooth IoT networks for each project.
- Define configurable network parameters, such as TTL, and network functionality (what bluetooth mesh applications should be a part of the network).
- Configure IoT network groups and how they interact using graphical drag-and-drop interface.
- If you deploy many bluetooth IoT networks with the similar configuration, use a template to quickly create additional IoT networks. After copying network configuration you can do changes to
the individual bluetooth IoT networks if necessary.
- Review a list of the provisioned devices, applied applications and groups in each bluetooth IoT network.
Configure Bluetooth IoT Network Groups And Groups Interaction
- Use graphical drag-and-drop interface to quickly create bluetooth mesh networks groups and define how the groups interact.
- Pull IoT device type from the right menu to the board to create a new group for the selected device type.
- Type in group name, and connect groups to show which subscriber group should listen to which publisher group.
- Save configuration, and it becomes available to the field installers in the mobile application for applying to on site IoT devices.
- No repeated manual entries or complex interfaces - create bluetooth IoT networks configuration in minutes, visualize groups on site location and interactions.
Users And Privileges
- Control users of the system, their privileges, and which projects they can work with.
Bluetooth IoT Application - Mobile Application
Regular users, such as installers and / or customers, use a mobile application for bluetooth mesh networks commissioning: provisioning IoT devices into the network,
applying preset configuration to the on site IoT devices, and controlling IoT devices parameters / settings.
Adding Bluetooth IoT Devices To The Network (Provisioning)
- Scan for the unprovisioned bluetooth IoT devices.
- Click Identify button to match a device in the list with the actual IoT device on site.
- Click Provision button to add the selected IoT device to the bluetooth mesh network.
- IoT device is provisioned, and device information is displayed (elements, models, available features - such as Proxy, Relay, Friend and / or Low Power).
- From this point the IoT device is moved to the list of the provisioned network devices, and configuration parameters can be applied to this device.
- If at some point you need to de-provision an existing bluetooth IoT network device, or remove a non-functioning device from the list, you can do so from the list of the provisioned network devices.
Bluetooth IoT Devices Configuration
- Once a device is provisioned into a bluetooth IoT network, on site installers can apply configuration parameters to it (make it a part of one or several applications and groups so that it could interact with other bluetooth mesh network devices).
- BLE Mesh Commissioning mobile application makes the configuration process easy and fast. Field installers do not need to know any details of the bluetooth mesh network operations to apply preset
configuration parameters to the on site bluetooth IoT devices.
- If you are installing a new IoT network, you can click on the network application name, check off all IoT devices that you want
to become a part of the selected application, and apply setting to all selected IoT devices at once with one click.
- Similarly, check off bluetooth IoT devices that should belong to the selected network group, and apply the setting with one click of a button.
- Use Identify button next to each provisioned IoT device to match the device in the list with the actual device on site.
- If you are adding several new devices to the existing bluetooth IoT network, or if only one or two devices are a part of the network group, you can apply multiple applications / groups to the selected
IoT device with one click.
- Similarly, you can remove network IoT device(s) from the group or application. You can add some devices and remove other devices at once, by checking / un-checking the coresponding IoT devices in the list.
Bluetooth IoT Devices Control
- After you provisioned and configured bluetooth IoT devices you have a functioning bluetooth mesh network.
However, often you also need to adjust the setup parameters of the bluetooth IoT devices (for example default light level, timing for the light control time machine, if a sensor should broadcast
the obtained data and how often, etc., etc.). The exact adjustable parameters depend on your specific bluetooth mesh application, what type of devices it includes and
what bluetooth mesh models are installed on the devices.
- BLE Mesh Commissioning mobile application has a built-in option to adjust brightness level for the Light Lightness light fixtures (default brightness level and brightness range).
If you have light fixtures in the bluetooth IoT networks that use Light Lightness model, you can use this built-in functionality. Otherwise, this option can be replaced with
the functionality that will allow you to control and adjust parameters for the IoT devices that you use in your bluetooth mesh networks.
- Using built-in Light Lightness fixtures control, you can adjust brightness level for an entire group of lights, or for the individual light fixtures in the group.
- Use a slider in the mobile application to watch the live brightness level changes. Once you found the right level, set it as a default, minimum or maximum brightness level with a click of a button.
Mobile Devices / Cloud Backend Interoperability And Data Integrity
BLE Mesh Commissioning software web interface and mobile application are linked to the central cloud database. All authorized users of the system have the real time data regardless of whether they are logged into the
web interface or a mobile application.
The data exchange between the central database and mobile devices / computers is encrypted and secure.
Field installers are not confined to any specific mobile device - they can work with the bluetooth mesh networks to which they were given an access by an administrator on any mobile device. No manual downloads or data imports
are required - all data exchange happens automatically behind the scene.
BLE Mesh Commissioning software has the locking rules to make sure that the bluetooth IoT networks data integrity is not compromised. The network is locked to the field installers if someone is already working with it.
After an installer has finished
working with the bluetooth IoT network and the changes were successfully transmitted to the cloud, the network is unlocked and other users can work with it.
Administrators can check the status of all bluetooth IoT networks (locked / unlocked), who is working with the locked network and for how long - and take measures if a network remains locked for too long.