Custom IoT software and mobile applications for the bluetooth IoT networks. Management, commissioning and control of IoT networks for smart buildings, smart lighting systems, smart security systems,
smart HVAC systems and other systems of the connected wireless devices.
What Is Internet Of Things (IoT) Software And Why Do You Need It
Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of connected electronic devices which can communicate to each other, as well as to the software systems in the cloud or on the local computer network.
The IoT networks may include any combination of:
- functional electronic devices (such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, security cameras, door locks, etc.)
- sensors to automate operations of the electronic devices
- controls (such as relays, switches or thermostats) to manually control network devices (turn on or off, change level, etc.)
- gateways to connect network devices to the cloud or a local computer network
IoT network devices are connected wirelessly using one of the wireless connection protocols: Bluetooth, Thread, Zigbee, Wi-Fi, etc., and can be controlled remotely via the
smartphones or computers.
Companies are increasingly adopting the IoT concept to automate business tasks, increase energy efficiency, prevent operations problems, ensure that the key business processes are running smoothly,
collect and analyze data for improving the business process.
IoT software allows you to communicate to the IoT network devices using an interactive user interface (a computer or a smartphone), as well as to store, summarize, report and analyze information
collected from the IoT network devices.
Using an IoT software and / or mobile application, you can:
- Commission new IoT devices into the network.
- Set up and change various settings on the IoT devices.
- Control IoT devices (turn on or off, set lighting or power levels, etc.)
- Configure IoT networks - group the devices and define how these groups interact.
- Create and apply scenes and schedules.
- Set and receive automatic alerts for various events.
- Review reports on the IoT devices performance.
- Review and analyze data collected by the IoT sensors (such as occupation, energy usage, temperature variations, and other applicable parameters).
IoT Software Development - What We Can Do
We will work with you to create a custom software solution that fits your needs, budget and a time frame.
It can be:
- a stand alone mobile application
- a combination of the cloud software and a mobile application
- stand alone cloud software
- a software for the local IoT network
- a system integrated with an existing IoT platform, such as AWS IoT, Azure IoT, etc.
We will discuss and implement optimal functionality for the mobile application and / or cloud software to achieve your project goals and the best performance.
IoT Mobile Application (Android and iOS)
Mobile applications are best suited for the operations that are usually performed on site during the network installation, periodic network parameters adjustment that require on site checks / verification,
and receiving alerts.
- Adding new IoT devices to the network (provisioning). On site installers use a mobile application to discover available unprovisioned network devices, and add them to the network.
- Configuring IoT networks.Once IoT devices are added to the network, the network needs to be configured - you need to group the devices and specify how these groups should interact
(which devices group listens to which sensor(s) and control(s)). Depending on your exact requirements, the entire IoT network configuration can be done entirely in a stand alone mobile application, or
a network installer can use a mobile application to download network configuration from the cloud and apply to on site devices.
- Adjusting IoT devices settings based on the local conditions.You can control IoT devices settings using a mobile application, or remotely via the web interface. However, even if
there are capabilities to remotely control IoT devices settings, it is often useful to be able to do it on site as well using a mobile application. This way you can immediately check and adjust
settings based on the site specific conditions (lighting, temperature, humidity, etc.)
- Setting pre-determined profiles and scenes.Rather then applying each setting individually, you can create profiles that combine multiple settings, and apply the profile
to the individual IoT devices or device groups.
- Setting schedules.Once the IoT network is installed and functional, authorized system users can set and adjust the schedule to automate network operations. Depending on the project and
requirements, the scheduling can be done remotely through the web interface or on site using a mobile application.
- Receiving notifications.Receive push notifications on your phone on the IoT network events that require immediate attention.
IoT Cloud Software / IoT Software For the Local Computer Network
An IoT software running on the computers is best suited for the operations that do not require on site presence, such as general management tasks, networks management and configuration, and reviewing reports.
- Management of the IoT networks.If you need a simple IoT system for the home or a small business with one IoT network, the network can be managed from a stand alone mobile application. However, for the bigger companies
with multiple IoT networks the management of the IoT networks from a central point is essential. An IoT software provides a secure web interface that allows system users with the administrative access to manage IoT networks:
add, update, delete, review the network status - provisioned devices, devices grouping and performance.
- IoT networks configuration. A web-based IoT software can provide a graphical drag-and-drop and / or map-based interface to easily create devices groups and define the groups interaction.
The task of configuring multiple networks can be greatly simplified by using network templates that can be applied to the newly created network with the option to change individual parameters.
The configuration can be applied to the newly installed IoT networks on site via the mobile application, or remotely from the web interface through the gateway.
- Management of the system users and privileges.Manage users of the system, their access to the projects / IoT networks and privileges via the web interface.
- IoT devices provisioning and control. Normally the tasks of IoT devices provisioning and initial IoT network configuration is better suited for a mobile application, that system installers can use on site
during the network installation. However, depending on the exact situation / requirements, this task can also be accomplished remotely or on site, using a computer and a web interface.
- IoT networks events scheduling. Use the web interface to create and change schedules to automate IoT network operation. Apply the pre-determined schedule via the web interface, or on site using a mobile application.
- Monitoring IoT network devices performance.Review reports on the IoT network devices status and performance, based on the parameters received from the devices through the gateway. Set alerts for
anything that is a deviation from the normal operating conditions, and requires a warning or immediate attention. Receive alerts in the e-mail, or in the mobile application via push notifications.
- Storing, processing and analyzing data collected from the IoT devices. IoT network devices produce a lot of useful data. Depending on the exact IoT network, you can receive data on
buildings occupancy patterns, energy usage, machinery operations, temperature or humidity variations, etc., etc. IoT software is responsible for receiving the data from the gateway or edge computer,
storing the data, analysing collected data and producing reports. The analysis of IoT networks data helps you make informed decisions and optimize business operations.