There are multiple software products (IoT platforms) on the market that allow you to manage IoT devices via the cloud interface. IoT platforms usually require
incorporation of the cloud provider libraries / SDK into the IoT device firmware, specific MCU / SoC types, keeping an IoT device online and connected at all times,
and an IoT gateway or IoT devices that can directly connect to the internet.
Managing and configuration of the IoT devices via the smartphone does not have these requirements. The smartphone can communicate to any BLE-enabled IoT device,
does not require any specific SDK installation on the device, does not require a gateway and the IoT device does not need to have a capability to
directly connect to the internet. The smartphone and the IoT devices management mobile application
takes all heavy lifting of passing the data between the IoT device and the cloud. If there is no internet connection, a smartphone can use local data and sync
with the cloud
when the connection becomes available.
A QR Mobile Data software with the custom bluetooth addition allows IoT devices manufacturers to create custom mobile forms
for the IoT devices management and configuration.
IoT devices customers download the IoT devices configuration form(s) into the mobile application, fill them out and send
configuration parameters to the IoT device with a click of a button. They can also save
completed IoT devices configuration forms as profiles that can be applied to the multiple IoT devices.
Similarly, IoT devices customers can use a mobile application to read data from the IoT devices and send to the cloud for the processing.
IoT Devices Manufacturers
- Use a web interface to create mobile forms for IoT devices management and configuration.
You can create as many mobile forms as needed.
Depending on the IoT device specifics and what the customers are allowed to configure you can have one or several mobile forms
for the IoT device configuration. You can also have different mobile forms for the different types of IoT devices.
- Link mobile forms fields to the bluetooth GATT service(s) and characteristic(s) in your IoT device firmware.
- Register users of the system.
- Review and check installed and configured IoT devices, activity reports.
IoT Devices Users
- Log into the mobile application and download mobile forms for the IoT devices management and configuration.
- Use mobile application to connect to the IoT device, fill out IoT device configuration parameters in the mobile form and apply settings to the IoT device with a click of a button.
- Save completed IoT device configuration form as a profile, and apply this profile to other IoT devices without a need to re-enter information.
- Do IoT devices configuration changes as needed.
- Review IoT devices, configuration profiles and activity reports via the web dashboard.