Digital Forms And Checklists Software For Paperless Field Data Collection
Digital forms software helps you automate field data collection process, become efficient and productive. Capture all required data in the field using smartphones,
digital forms / checklists and QR code scanning.
Advanced reporting in the QR Mobile Data software allows you to analyze and visualize information collected via digital forms and use it to optimize business process.
Build Digital Forms And Checklists For Field Data Collection
Create custom digital forms for field data collection with sigature capture, photos capture, automatic GPS location capture, and multiple
Use stand alone digital forms for the
discrete field data collection tasks, or link digital forms together using a workflow.
- Create digital mobile forms for field data collection using a QR Mobile Data software online forms builder tool. Make mobile forms and checklists a part of a workflow,
or use stand alone digital forms for the discrete tasks
that are not a part of the process.
- Split long forms into the sub-forms for better logic and easier completion on a small smartphone screen.
- Add clarifying text and / or images to the digital forms - make sure that field technicians know exactly what to do.
- Define data types for the form fields. Specify if the field is required or optional.
- Digital forms support various form controls - create the right types for your business tasks. QR Mobile Data software supports manual input fields,
selection lists, checkboxes, radio buttons,
scan-in fields, autoscan checklists, image capture, repeatable form sections, digital signature capture and more.
- Make sure that field employees get a correct digital form or checklist to fill out - link forms to the asset groups and / or process workflow steps.
- Review and update digital forms and checklists anytime via a QR Mobile Data software web dashboard. Field employees will always get the latest forms
and checklists on their smartphones.
- Create a field work order by pre-filling part of the information in the digital form online, and assign a work order to a field technician.
- Fill out "office-only" part after the digital form is submitted.
- Field employees can pass partially completed digital forms between the smartphones, so that each employee fills out his / her part of the form or checklist.
How to create and use mobile forms with QR Mobile Data software (FAQ)
Mobile forms capabilities in QR Mobile Data software (FAQ)
Advanced Digital Forms Features That Set QR Mobile Data Software Apart
What makes QR Mobile Data digital mobile forms software smart, dynamic, and accommodating to various business processes and tasks.
In addition to the reqular features found in the digital forms software systems, a QR Mobile Data software supports multiple advanced features
specifically geared towards the field data collection:
- Dynamic digital forms with repeatable sections. If your field data collection forms include line items (for example lines on the invoice, a line for a problem description, etc.)
you may not know beforehand
how many of these sections will be needed.
QR Mobile Data software allows you to create digital forms where field employees can add the repeatable sections on demand as needed, and fill them out.
Repeatable sections can include the same controls as the regular digital forms:
input, selection lists, checkboxes, radio buttons, scan-in fields, and photos taken with a smartphone camera.
- Autoscan checklists. If field employees need to fill out long checklists, it might not be easy to find the right checkbox to check off.
A QR Mobile Data software simplifies this process.
You can allow a field team to scan a
QR code for the completed task, and the right checkbox will be checked off automatically. Date and time of the scan is recorded as well.
- Pass digital forms / checklists between the field and the office. With the QR Mobile Data software field / office communication is easy and happens in real time.
An office employee can fill out a part of the digital form / checklist online, and push the form to the mobile devices for completion. Once the digital form is completed and submitted, an office administrator can
fill out office only part. Optionally, if something is missing, digital form or checklist can be pushed back to the mobile devices with comments.
- QR Mobile Data software allows you to pass digital forms between devices, so that each employee fills out his part. If you have a situation where multiple employees handle
different parts of the same job, you can easily handle it in the QR Mobile Data software.
Each employee can fill out his / her part in the mobile application, and submit incomplete digital form or checklist for the next employee to take over.
When all parts of the form are filled out, the completed form is submitted to the server.
- Digital work orders assigned to the field technicians. Create work orders for the specific field assignment online
by pre-filling a part of the relevant form, and assign it to the
field technician. Technicians see all work orders assigned to them when they log into the mobile application. They can go straight to the releant work order form,
fill it out on a smartphone and submit to the
central database in real time.
- Create custom pdf reports on the smartphone.
Need to e-mail completed and signed digital form internally or to the client? A field employee can create pdf report in the mobile application,
and e-mail it to the selected addresses from a smartphone.
You define what should be included in the pdf report, report look and layout via custom MS Word template.
- Smart digital forms linked together in a workflow. You can fill out the discrete digital forms, or link digital forms together using a workflow. The workflow
is used for the multi-step business processes, where an employee needs to fill out one or several forms on each process step.
QR Mobile Data software allows you to create custom workflows, define workflow steps, and attach digital forms to each or some of the workflow steps.
By scanning a QR code a field employee immediatelly
sees current project status, and what mobile forms need to be filled out. You can make digital forms required or optional. All required forms must be filled out before the project is moved to the next step.
Administrators can access current status of the project, workflow history and completed mobile forms via the web dashboard / reports.
- Create digital forms that can be filled out over time. Some process steps may require recording multiple observations over time.
QR Mobile Data software allows you to create digital forms where observations can be added as needed by different employees on different mobile devices.
- Smart auto copy options for the digital forms. A QR Mobile Data software provides several auto copy options for the different field workflows.
These options minimize repetitive task for the field employees by
automatically pre-filling a part of the mobile form when applicable.
- Automatic alerts on the submitted outliers. QR Mobile Data software ensures that the problems are discovered and addressed on time.
Set acceptable parameters range on the delected form fields, and receive an instant e-mail alert if submitted digital form contains outliers.
- Handle products transformation (mixing, splitting, conversion) in one mobile form. A QR Mobile Data software allows you to easily handle product transformation during the production process.
You just need to fill out one digital form, scanning in lot numbers and filling in quantities / weight of the incoming and outgoing products.
The traceability and product lots history is maintained throughout all of the transformations.
- Data Analytics Create custom reports, analyze and visualize collected data to get meaningful insights into your
business operations and make better business decisions.
Link Digital Forms Together Using A Workflows
Use QR Mobile Data software for tracking business process, produce proper documentation by filling out digital forms on the relevant process steps.
- Create custom workflows for your business processes via the web interface. Define workflow steps, provide each step description for the employees.
- Create digital forms for data collection on each process step. Attach digital forms to the workflow steps, make them required or optional.
- Company employees use a mobile application for tracking project through the workflow steps with QR code / barcode scanning,
and for filling out digital forms on a smartphone.
- Use digital forms for data collection and documentation of all parts of the process. Record
serial numbers of used containers and instruments,
what was done, encountered problems, fill out quality control checklists, product test forms, etc., etc.
- Completed digital forms are automatically linked to the scanned product and a workflow step.
- Collected data are sent to a backend cloud software in real time, so all employees are in the loop. All authorized software system users have live access to the
active and past projects.
- Automatic notifications are sent to the selected software users when a project is moved to the next step.
- Review the detailed history of all past projects: dates, employees, steps completed, data collected on each step, how long did it take to complete each task, filled out forms and documentation.
- Analyze collected information to find out where the bottlenecks and delays in the process are happening and what are the reasons.
Use data analyzis to optimize your business process and become more efficient.
How to create and use workflows in QR Mobile Data software (FAQ)
Use Digital Forms On A Smartphone For Field Data Collection
- Use regular smartphones or tablets running iOS or Android for the field data collection. Save money on buying dedicated data collection hardware, such as mobile computers.
- Identify an object for the data collection by scanning a QR code or barcode with a smartphone. Avoid manual entry errors. Make sure that employees fill out the correct
- Field technicians can select from the list of the digital forms which are relevant to the scanned object, and if applicable - workflow step.
- Digital forms design (splitting long forms into the sub-forms, clarifying text and images for the form fields, minimal manual entry) makes field data collection fast and easy.
- Reduce manual data entries and associated errors. An employee can scan data into the form fields, select value(s) from the list and take photos.
- Digital forms have built-in validation rules and checks to ensure that everything is filled out correctly.
- Digital forms in progress are automatically saved on the smartphone. A mobile application user can start, pause and stop at any time and never lose collected information.
- Field employees can fill out digital forms on the smartphones or tablets without internet connection.
They can submit completed digital forms to a backend cloud software
when connection becomes available.
- Use smartphone camera to take photos and attach to the digital forms for visual documentation.
- Capture electronic signatures on the smartphones.
- GPS location of the digital form submission is automatically recorded and can be viewed on a map.
- Field technicians can create pdf reports and e-mail internally or to the client from a smartphone.
You define what is included in the pdf report via a custom template.
- A QR Mobile Data software has built-in time tracking capabilities. Field employees can easily track time they spent working on a task by clicking Start / Stop buttons
in the mobile application.
How mobile data collection works in QR Mobile software (FAQ)
Digital Forms Software With Real Time Data Access In The Field
- Make sure that field technicians do not waste time and make wrong decisions due to the lack of information. Using a mobile application field employees can access
all information they need to do their job
by scanning a QR code with a smartphone.
- You control what should be accessible to the field technicians via the QR Mobile Data software web dashboard.
The data can include asset specifications, drawings, pdf documentation, instructions and anything else you need.
- Software users with the editing privileges can update an asset information using in the mobile application.
For example, they can take and record new measurements or add an image.
- Field employees can access all recently submitted records for the scanned asset. These can include service and maintenance records,
inspection checklists, conditions assessment, and more. Access to this information ensures that
field technicians make informed decisions and avoid costly mistakes.
Secure Cloud Storage Of The Digital Documents
- Completed digital forms are stored in a secure cloud as electronic records, are never misplaced or lost.
- Authorized software users have an access to the real time data, on the computers in the office and on the mobile devices in the field.
- You can filter records by multiple parameters (dates, serial number, ID, description, category, specific mobile forms and submitted data) to quickly find what you need.
(Example: find all equipment that failed a specific test last month)
- Export reports into a .csv file for importing into the internal software systems.
- Update submitted digital form if necessary, or fill out "office only" part. If a submitted form has problems, an administrator can push it back to the
mobile devices for correction / completion.
Customizable Reports And Data Analysis
Field data collection using digital forms and checklists is only a part of the story.
A QR Mobile Data software allows you to create custom reports, analyze and visualize collected information for the better business insights and decisions.
- Create customized reports based on the digital forms submissions. Select granular filters to show what you want to display, and select fields that should be included in the report.
- Review the exact information you need in one place.
- Create plots and graphs to visualize data collected in the field, uncover trends and correlations.
- Create statistical reports to see the big picture.
- Review reports online, download as .csv or pdf files.
- Use collected data to get insights into your business process and optimize your business operations.
Digital Forms Software With The Notifications & Alerts
QR Mobile Data software ensures that you do not forget anything, and address all problems on time.
- Create custom reminders to alert you on the next routine inspection, task to complete, next step in the process and other important events.
- Attach reminders to any date field and receive automatic alerts when the date you specified is approaching (e.g. warranty expiration date).
- Specify when to send a reminder, to whom, the subject and header text.
- Create multiple reminders for the same event (e.g. 5 days before, 3 days before and 1 day before).
- Specify acceptable data range for the form fields, and receive an instant e-mail alert if a submitted digital form contains an outlier.
Immediately correct any detected problems.
Digital Forms Linked To The Asset And Inventory Tracking & Traceability
Use QR Mobile Data software with QR Inventory for a complete asset and inventory tracking and traceability solution.
- Track assets and inventory in multiple locations with a smartphone or tablet.
- Process inventory transactions (such as check in or check out, restocking inventory, take inventory out for a job, return unused inventory, etc.) by scanning a QR code or
barcode with a smartphone running iOS or android.
- Results of the transaction are immediately available to all authorized software users in real time.
- Customize every aspect of the inventory management / asset tracking process. Define everything that you want to track, record and report via a QR Inventory software web dashboard.
- Review and export reports on inventory count, locations, transactions history and usage. Filter reports by custom fields you created.
- Receive low inventory alerts.
- Add additional modules to further extend software functionality, from assemblies & kits to purchase orders and invoices management to QR code based ordering.
Take QR Mobile Data Tour
Get A Quote / Request A Test Drive
© AHG, Inc. 2022 (Boise, Idaho)